|Location|| ||3251 Beacon Blvd|
West Sacramento, CA 95691-3531
|Employee Type|| ||FT Exempt|
|Minimum Experience|| ||3 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
Under general supervision of Managing Editor, develops, prepares, and produces print and electronic communication from creative concept to final print; researches, writes, and edits news stories, articles, features, and social media content on education programs and policies; fosters cooperative working relationships among Association departments and acts as liaison with various educational, community, public, and government agencies; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes and produces print and electronic communications, including news stories and features, newsletters, website articles, new releases, public service announcements, fact sheets, fliers, display materials, magazine articles, brochures, technical reports, and other written materials.
- Performs content management activities to generate new content and maintain existing content on the Association’s website; develops, monitors, and coordinates web content and design.
- Assists in coordinating efforts to connect members of the public to the Association via publications, website, and other media.
- Reviews, edits, proofs and formats texts for the Association’s publications, website, and other communications to ensure accurate and effective communication; writes original materials.
- Conducts background research in order to develop story/message concepts as well as to prepare responses to public inquiries on a variety of topics as instructed.
- Partners with CSBA’s graphic design team on the production and distribution of marketing collateral; Assists with production of marketing materials; monitors for quality and corporate identity guidelines.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with department goals
- Develop content and manage monthly social media content calendar in partnership with managing editor and the marketing team.
- Write and publish regular, engaging content, compelling social campaigns, posts, and other content across all platforms.
- Grow social media following.
- Analyze data analytics to evaluate social media initiatives.
- Develops and maintains photos and graphic images representing Association programs, staff, clients, events, and developments.
- Serves as a liaison to employees, the public, private organizations, community groups, and government and school district officials.
- Provides support and recommendations for Association special events as required.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with new product and service announcements. Interfaces with webmaster to ensure web site content is regularly updated.
- Methods and techniques of communications writing and editing for new media, marketing, and community relations.
- Methods and practices applied in design and implementation of public affairs and news media print and electronic communication materials.
- Research design, methods, analysis, and reporting.
- Social media marketing programs & platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Analytics)
- Sources of information related to a broad range of education policy and programs.
- Public relations techniques.
- Recent and on-going developments, current literature, and sources of information related to assigned duties.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- Techniques for effectively representing the Association in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Association staff.
- Apply writing style and techniques appropriate for differing business and journalistic/community relations purposes.
- Create effective strategies and approaches for use in public information programs.
- Edit written materials.
- Analyze communication needs, interpret, and develop ideas, and conceptualize, visualize, and develop best approaches to achieve desired results for assigned projects.
- Produce neat, accurate, and quality line work.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and present technical information and data in an effective manner.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, procedures, and other written materials.
- Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Effectively represent the Association in meetings with education institutions, governmental agencies, community groups, and various businesses, professional, and regulatory organizations, and in meetings with the public.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meeting critical time deadlines.
- Operate and maintain modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software application programs.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to an bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in journalism, English, public affairs/relations, communications, public or business administrative, or related field with three (3) years of experience in writing and production or various forms and styles of communication and/or media programs and project similar to those administered by Association or related experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Possession of, or ability to, obtain