|Location|| ||1375 Fairfax Ave.|
San Francisco, CA 94124
|Employee Type|| ||FT Non-Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Programs|
Meals on Wheels San Francisco works to help seniors live independently with dignity, in their own homes, for as long as it is safely possible. The Social Work department plays an integral role in helping seniors stay healthy and safe.
The Social Work Administrative Associate supports the Social Work Department in the implementation of the Meals On Wheels SF mission by providing administrative and clerical support to the department. While the core of this position tackles every day needs in scheduling appointments and completing daily data entry, the position is evolving and will work closely with the Department Director to support operations with a variety of ongoing duties.
The position also serves as a back-up receptionist and will answer the agency’s main telephone line when the Office Manager is unavailable or out of the office. May assist with special projects or other clerical needs of MOWSF departments as needed.
Under the supervision of the Director of Social Work, and in accordance with the provisions of MOWSF’s
Employee Handbook, the Social Work Administrative Associate will:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the department’s policies goals/contract deliverables, materials and operations.
- Provide administrative support for the department working closely with the Director
- Supports client intake data entry for Elderly Nutrition Program (ENP) & adults with disability (AWD) clients in the CA Get Care database
- Schedule and assign home visits by phone and mail for social workers using an electronic database and calendar system.
- Provide staff support for department meetings including coordination, recording information, and documenting shared agreements as needed
- Assist with development and production of workflow tracking mechanisms, monthly reporting, and outcomes measurements
- Maintain databases associated with the program, including data entry and integrity of over 2,500 client files
- Answer phones at front desk when the MOWSF Office Manager is unavailable or out of the office.
- Schedule home visit appointments for Social Workers and Clients
- Scan documents as needed
- Assist with the organization and labelling of cancelled client files for 5 years’ storage-- shredding oldest year of files at the end of each fiscal year.
- Performing other duties and assisting with special projects as requested.
SALARY / HOURS / BENEFITS:
- The position is hourly and based on a 40-hour work week with a 30 minute paid lunch break.
- Starting salary range is $18 - $25 commensurate with qualifications and experience plus annual pay differential for bilingual capabilities
- Generous benefits package includes 100% employer-paid health care for employee, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Employer sponsored retirement account with optional employee contributions
- 15 days annual vacation, 10 paid holidays, 2 personal days, progressive sick leave accrued during the first year
- Casual dress code and laid-back culture
- Fully-stocked kitchen with lunch provided daily
- Pet-friendly office with 'bring your pet to work' Fridays.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma/GED required, Assistant’s degree or higher preferred
- At least 2 years administrative or clerical experience in a non-profit or social service organization setting
- Demonstrated experience with computer systems, electronic files and data management; Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce preferred
- Bilingual a plus, especially in Spanish, Cantonese, Russian, Tagalog or Mandarin
- Maintain confidentiality
Skills and Competencies
- Expert abilities with data entry and use of online databases. Learns quickly, uses technology to enhance job performance
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Meticulous and thorough when entering, reviewing and providing information
- Able to independently complete assignments and tasks daily or within established deadlines
- Good communication and critical thinking skills as well as demonstrated patience and compassion
- Works well with all customers (internal staff and external contacts), promotes a positive image of the agency and works diligently to resolve customer issues
- Able to maintain a calm, positive and constructive attitude during interactions with diverse populations, sometimes in challenging situations
Typical Working Conditions: Standard office conditions.
Equipment Used: Phone, computer, copier, fax.
Essential Physical Tasks: Should be able to do periodic lifting/pushing/pulling up to 25lbs unassisted.