|Location|| ||1375 Fairfax Ave.|
San Francisco, CA 94124
|Employee Type|| ||FT Non-Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Programs|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
|Name|| ||HR Administrator|
The Assessment Specialist demonstrates in his/her performance adherence to established policies, procedures, and regulations. Assessment Specialist exhibit the characteristics associated with good-judgement, professional communication, and collaboration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Social Work Supervisor or Assistant Director of Social Work and in accordance with the provisions of the MOWSF’s Employee Handbook, and the Social Work Department’s policies and procedures, the Assessment Specialist is responsible for:
- Conducting and completing 15 in-home initial and/or annual assessments per week requiring a high degree of technical competence. Requires traveling throughout all areas of San Francisco to determine eligibility for the home delivered meal program, meal type, and other appropriate services (Minimum number of assessments is subject to change.)
- Responsible for assessments of clients speaking a different language using Language Line services
3. Establishing and maintaining appropriate confidential electronic records by entering client data into MOWSF Salesforce and Department of Aging CAGetCare databases as required
- Making appropriate referrals to community resources and coordinating services to positively impact client care
5. Keeping updated with and carrying out all MOWSF agency, social work, and client policies
- Responding to client inquiries about the program
- Working with a Senior Social Worker to address complex client needs or follow up issues. Collaborating with Home Delivered Meal staff, driving staff, and dieticians, to ensure clients are effectively served
- Completing quarterly reassessments of eligible or ongoing clients
- Making appropriate client referrals as needed
- Attending relevant community senior and social service meetings as requested and/or assigned.
- Participating in quarterly peer record review as needed
- Working at MOWSF events as requested such as Thanksgiving Day and annual Gala event.
- Completing monthly reporting requirements
- Delivering meals in emergency situations as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
SALARY / HOURS / BENEFITS:
- The position is hourly (Non-Exempt) and based on a 40-hour work week with a 30 minute paid lunch break.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
- An annual pay differential is provided for bilingual capabilities when appropriate
- Generous benefits package that currently includes employer-paid health care, dental, vision and life insurance and pension plan contributions
- Ample time-off options starting at 15 days accrued vacation time, progressive sick leave options, 12 paid holidays and 2 PTO days.
- Casual dress code and laid-back culture.
- A fully-stocked kitchen with lunch provided daily.
- Pet-friendly office with 'bring your pet to work' Fridays.
- A diverse team committed to a common cause and in the wonderful city of San Francisco!
Meals on Wheels is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience is required
- An Associate’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, or Human Services is preferred
- Bilingual is a plus: Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese or Russian
- Knowledge of community resources in San Francisco is a plus
- Manages time by prioritizing assignments and tasks within established deadlines
- Excellent organization, data entry, and written documentation skills
- Aptitude for computers - Microsoft Office software and Salesforce experience preferred
- Maintains data integrity while adhering to strict client confidentiality policies
- Skilled in interpersonal communication and interview and assessment
- Ability to work:
o with a diverse community
o in an independent and self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and automobile required